SKATE BLADE EDGEUCATION
- 1. WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU HAVE THE EDGE
- 2. SKATE BLADE TYPES
- 3. SKATE BLADE PROFILE
- 4. SKATE BLADE HOLLOW
- 5. LEARN MORE ABOUT HOW TO HAVE THE EDGE
Having custom blades with a suitable profile and hollow can significantly increase performance. Having a stronger edge, increases agility, speed, faster acceleration and gives you a longer glide. This all adds up to increased performance and you having the edge on your competition.
A stronger edge with an appropriate profile and hollow on the ice increases your ability to transfer the power in your legs to the ice. This increase in power transfer results in stronger pushes, longer strides and increased speed on the ice. Our polished Tydan TITANIUMEDGE and Tydan CARBONEDGE blades provide a better glide due to the polishing reducing the grain in the steel resulting in less friction with the ice. These edges gives you the speed you need to win more races to the puck.
Our Diamond-Like-Carbon blades provide 4-5 times the edge strength vs. a standard stainless steel blade. This allows for more time between sharpening and more confidence you have the edge.
With custom blades and stronger edges more power gets to the ice increasing the power of your strides. This additional power increases your acceleration to get to your top speed faster than your compeition.
CUSTOM SKATE BLADES
- Higher quality steel than stock stainless steel blades
- Higher quality manufacturing process.
- Laser cut vs. stamped for improved accuracy
- Diamond Like Carbon (DLC) blades increase edge retention by 4-5X vs stainless steel
- Less trauma and nicks than Titanium Nitride blades
- Polishing removes the blemishes in the steel and increases glide